Medicare Cancer Answers

  • Home
  • Medicare Cancer Answers

Medicare

Understanding Medicare – Thousands of people are diagnosed with cancer every single day, and the risk increases as you age. Cancer coverage is an extremely important topic for Medicare beneficiaries. Understanding all your coverage options is not only important to your health, it’s also important to your finances.

Medicare Part A – Part A is known as hospital coverage. Any treatments or testing done at the hospital is covered under Part A. However, before Part A begins paying, you must meet the deductible. Part A will also pay for the first 20 days you’re in a skilled nursing facility. Keep in mind, Part A only pays 80% of your medical costs, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20% as well as deductibles, coinsurance and copayments. A Medicare Supplement Plan will pay your Part A deductible as well as other out of pocket costs, including services at a skilled nursing facility past the first 20 days.

Medicare Part B – Part B is known as doctors’ coverage. Any cancer related screenings or treatments administrated at a doctor’s office will be covered under Part B. This includes chemotherapy, radiation tests and much more. Just like Part A, Part B only covers 80% of your medical costs, leaving it up to the beneficiary to pay the rest. A Medicare Supplement Plan will cover these out of pocket costs.

Medicare Part D – Part D is prescription drug coverage. Your Part B does pay for some cancer medications, but not all. Since cancer medications can be extremely expensive, having a Part D prescription drug plan is a no brainer. Part D will offset the high costs of cancer drugs.

Medigap – Medigap plans, also known as Medicare Supplements, we’re created to work with your Original Medicare coverage, including Part A, Part B & Part D. A Medigap plan will cover the 20% that your Original Medicare coverage doesn’t pay for. Depending on the plan you choose, it can also cover other out of pocket expenses such as deductibles, coinsurance & copayments.

MedicareFAQ – At MedicareFAQ, we provide free resources to help you navigate the Medicare maze.

Medicare Changes in 2020

The year 2020 will bring many changes to Medicare, these changes affect all current and future Medicare beneficiaries. Don’t be surprised, check them out

Seniors Working Past 65 & Medicare Options

Seniors working past 65 with medicare questions - There are over 44 million seniors relying on Medicare for health coverage in retirement. It is important
Top