Free Transportation and help getting to and from medical appointments is not something you hear very often. Whether you have Brain Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer, Lung Cancer or any other type and severity. The reality of treatment is that the needed facilities are rarely convenient and close. This requires that a patient and usually a loved one plan in advance, schedule work off and then pay the price to get to and from and often times requiring a hotel stay along the way.
Cancer Horizons is in the process of creating one of the most comprehensive and thorough directories of travel related resources exclusively for cancer patients on the internet. The fantastic organizations not only provide these resources for free but some also provide gas allowances as well as lodging. Take a look at this extensive of Cancer Patient Free Travel Resources with our hope one of them will help to solve a problem that has given you too many sleepless nights.
These providers including a major commercial airlines can arrange free transportation if a medical facility is a long distance away or arrange for a ride to and from a doctor’s appointment for the with-in city boundaries ride. Please let us know of your experience with any of these providers so we can ensure that we are only featuring the best of the best and those that have sincere interest in helping cancer patients.
- Free Gas USA Inc. Free Gas USA, Inc. is a national religious charity, established to provide gasoline grant assistance to poverty-stricken individuals and families residing in the United States of America. Free Gas USA, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Baptism.
- RNCG Angel Foundation The RNCG Angel Foundation provides transportation services to cancer patients. Rides to and from their physician, therapy, chemotherapy and other provider appointments are imperative for treatment.
- Air Care Alliance (ACA) Air Care Alliance (ACA). Provides listing of nonprofit organizations, nationwide, that fly patients to treatments at no charge. Air Care Alliance provides the only site which lists all known volunteer pilot organizations flying for the public benefit.
- Corporate Angel NetworkCorporate Angel Network arranges free travel on corporate jets for cancer patients, bone marrow donors and bone marrow recipients.This improves the chances of survival in patients.
- Patient Travel Center National Patient Travel Center Helpline Gateway leading to options to pay airfare as well as for ground transportation for trips up to 300 miles to get to and from treatment.
- Road to Recovery You’ll find information on cancer prevention, reducing cancer risk, cancer types and treatment options, support programs and resources, and cancer research on cancer.org.
- Dream Foundation Grants final dreams from the heart to adults with life-threatening illnesses. May include vacation with a couple of family members, help with a utility bill, an appliance, or gift for ill adult’s child.
- Air Charity Network Air Charity Network serves all 50 states and its volunteer pilots utilize their own aircraft, fuel and time to provide free air transportation to medical facilities for citizens who are financially distressed.
- Angel Flight Northeast Angel Flight Northeast is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization honored to serve the courageous men, women, children and their families who have an incredible will to live.
- Medical Transportation Through the Southwest Airlines Medical Transportation Grant Program (MTGP) we provide complimentary, roundtrip tickets to nonprofit hospitals and medical transportation organizations.
- Transportation Support Services Support services may include help with air and ground transportation for medical care, emotional support, help with the process of returning to work or financial assistance for child care and other needs.
- Angel Airlines For Cancer Patients The mission and purpose of Angel Airlines For Cancer Patients’ is to ensure that no cancer patient is denied access to distant specialized medical evaluation, diagnosis or treatment for lack of a means of long-distance airline transportation.
- Travel and Housing Assistance The following resources provide low or no-cost medical travel and housing assistance to patients and families or offer financial assistance related to travel, as well as housing near your treatment facilities.