FREE Legal Assistance
Legal Assistance is not something anyone thinks they will ever need especially when your focus as a cancer patient is staying alive and trying to get better. Unfortunately whenever money is involved and you have hospitals, insurance companies, Medicare and risk managers involved, often times decisions are made that hurt a patient even worse than the cancer. That is where this directory of talented legal minds, attorneys and health care lawyers come in. They are well trained to assist with cases of procedure denial, discrimination, arbitration, mediation and negotiated settlements with lots of experience defending and protecting cancer patients and their families.
We invite you to browse this list of legal resources to see if one of them may have an answer to your situation. Many have 24 hour hotlines staffed by credentialed attorneys as well as those fluent with any issues related to mesothelioma and all of its lung related consequences. There are even lawyers familiar with atomic bomb testing in Nevada years ago that now have proven to be the cause of incredible heartache in families dealing with the aftermath.
Take a look and let us know about your experience with any of these organizations. Check back often because we update these lists regularly and add new ones to the rotation.
- Patient Advocate Foundation Patient Advocate Foundation’s Patient Services provides patients with arbitration, mediation and negotiation to settle issues with access to care, medical debt, and job retention related to their illness.
- Cancer Legal Resource Center (CLRC) The CLRC conducts national education and outreach programs for community groups, employers and healthcare professionals and is actively involved in community activities.
- NCLSN The NCLSN promotes increased availability of free legal services programs so that people affected by cancer may focus on medical care and their quality of life.
- Finding Legal Assistance For cancer patients, it can feel like double jeopardy. Besides dealing with health issues, you may encounter some legal problems on your route to recovery.
- ALS Legal Initiative The initiative was established after its founders realized that many of the issues faced by persons living with life threatening illnesses are often the same.
- Cancer Legal Line’s Cancer Legal Line’s mission is to provide free legal care to Minnesotans affected by cancer who otherwise have no access to an attorney’s help for the legal issues that directly impact their health.
- Mesothelioma Mesothelioma is a deadly form of cancer caused from asbestos exposure. Our site is the most extensive prognosis support and information source for mesothelioma online.