HAIR CARE/ COVERINGS / COSMETICS
- Fight Club Survivor Fight Club Survivor is an organization that wants to let breast cancer patients know they’re not alone, loved, and that their well-being is of utmost importance, by shipping care packages.
- American Cancer Society At the American Cancer Society, we’re on a mission to free the world from cancer. Until we do, we’ll be funding and conducting research, supporting patients.
- Wigs for Kids For over 30 years, Wigs for Kids has been providing Hair Replacement Systems and support for children who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, radiation therapy, Alopecia, Trichotillomania.
- Susan G. Komen Susan G. Komen® is the most progressive grassroots organization fighting breast cancer today. The Komen Affiliate Network is the nation’s largest private funder of community.
- Crickett’s Answer For Cancer Crickett’s Answer for Cancer was a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization* that was formed in memory of Crickett Julius, who passed away in October of 2006.
- CancerCare CancerCare® is the leading national organization dedicated to providing free, professional support services including counseling, support groups and financial assistance to anyone affected by cancer.
- Duke Health Duke Health have grown into one of the country’s largest clinical and biomedical research institutions. Duke Health encompasses a health system that spans 32 counties in North Carolina and includes areas in neighboring states.
- Chemocessories Our mission is to help women with cancer hold on to their strength and sense of themselves during treatment. We create personalized sets of accessories, including jewelry, scarves and turbans, that are designed to lift spirits.
- Diva for a Day Diva for a Day Foundation, Inc. is a non profit organization founded in 2010 by two friends who recognize the benefits of a day to escape from the daily stresses a woman will face while dealing with cancer.
- Look Good Feel Better Look Good Feel Better is dedicated to improving the quality of life and self-esteem of people undergoing cancer treatment. The program offers individual, and online sessions that teach beauty techniques to help people with cancer.
- Make Up Kit Sharsheret is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has earned a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
- SPF 10 Sunscreen Soap Bethesda Skincare will send a FREE bar of their all natural sunscreen soap to anyone with cancer. It provides an invisible layer of SPF 10 protection through daily washing.
- Free Makeup Samples At our site, you will find links to free makeup samples, virtual makeup lessons and more. The key thing is FREE which is the cancer fairy godmother’s motto.
- Fighting Pretty Women want to feel beautiful. We are committed to helping women of all ages, battling any type of cancer and work to ensure that each and every one of them feels loved and supported.
WIGS/ HAIR CARE/ COVERINGS / COSMETICS
Wigs for cancer patients in all colors, styles, type of hair and real or synthetic, our providers are experts in ensuring you look your absolute best, whether you are male or female, feeling good about yourself and the way you look is IMPORTANT. Those that say cancer doesn’t take its toll on self-esteem are nuts. Because of how important this is the Cancer Horizons research teams have spent hours finding just the right providers, willing to make special arrangements for cancer patients. This large list of providers will grow weekly so keep checking back and tell a friend.
Some of the great offerings you will find are Free Wigs, Day spa escapes called Diva for a day, Free makeup kits, Chemoaccessories including jewelry, scarves and turbans, free sunscreen soap. We are thrilled at the caliber of offerings and rely on each of you to make sure you let us know about your experience with any of these provider, good or bad we want to know so we can remove any offer that’s not what it seems.
Providing free things to our large and growing community is just the first step. We are negotiating with large manufactures of cancer related consumer goods to give these products to our community for free also.