Free Lodging if you are a cancer fighter and your journey to become cancer free requires overnight travel and a place to stay. This directory of free or discounted lodging resources for cancer patients and their families may just be the best solution available. From national hotel chains to bed and breakfast and private facilities, all have the same goal in mind which is to provide the shelter that a family needs while a loved one is undergoing a surgical procedure, in therapy, getting chemotherapy or radiation treatments or visiting a specialist in a location far from home.
The Cancer Horizons research teams have spent hours looking for qualified organizations to provide Free Lodging for cancer patients and their families. We invite you to browse these great providers and let us know about your experience with any of them. If they are great we want to tell others, if they are not so great then we may want to remove them. Thanks in advance for your help in ensuring only the best find their way to cancer patients filled with hope.
- Free B & B in Dallas/ Fort Worth Heaven’s Door Free B&B is a home away from home for women patients and caregivers seeking medical treatment at local hospitals, providing lodging, meals and other supportive services. To fulfill this mission, we offer a variety of programs and services.
- NAHHH National Association of Homes and Hospitality keeps a directory of nonprofits that offer free or significantly discounted lodging to patients during treatment.
- Joe’s House Joe’s House is not an actual house, but a nonprofit organization that helps cancer patients and their families find a place to stay when traveling away from home for medical treatment.
- Extended Stay America In 2013, with a passion to support a charitable cause so close to the hearts of its employees, Extended Stay America created Hotel Keys of Hope program to support the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge program.
- Healthcare Hospitality Network The Healthcare Hospitality Network is an association that provide lodging and support services to families and their loved ones who are receiving medical treatment away from home. The mission of HHN is to support homes.
- Hope Lodge The American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge gives cancer patients and their caregivers a free place to stay while receiving treatment in another city.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Ronald McDonald House Charities offer free or reduced-cost lodging for families of seriously ill children who are receiving treatment at nearby hospitals.
- Travel and Housing Assistance The following resources provide low or no-cost medical travel and housing assistance to patients and families or offer financial assistance related to travel, as well as housing near your treatment facilities.