- Bald is Beautiful Program We want you to be pampered and feel beautiful even if you are in the midst of treatment. Free makeup session from Pincurls by Tracy enhances your natural beauty and makes you feel alive. It’s a great experience and free to our ladies.
- Hope Package Through grants and donations to our General Fund, Lump to Laughter is able to deliver* personalized Hope Packages to women who are newly diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Not available outside of the US.
- Free Tote Lydia totes and services are always free of charge to any woman anywhere who is currently undergoing treatment for any type of cancer. Totes come with the option of receiving ongoing support.
- Free Lymphedema Sleeves The ALL4ONE™ LympheDIVAs™ Program is a national program that provides a limited number of free sleeves and gauntlets each month for approved applicants. LympheDIVAs™ is dedicated to providing medically correct compression apparel.
- Lymphedema Alert bands Peninsula BioMedical will send Lymphedema Alert bands at no charge, to any patient with or at risk of developing lymphedema. The band will accommodate up to 9 1/2 inches/24 centimeters.
- Biacare Gives Back The BiaCare Gives Back program works with a patient’s therapist or other medical professional to identify their needs and select the best product to meet their needs. We request that patients participate in the program through the form of a discount.
- Cancer Card Xchange Cancer Card Xchange is a 501(c)(3) public charity and your donation is tax deductible. We distributes one-time gifts of various gift cards to verified cancer patients.
- Cancer and Careers Resume Review Cancer and Careers Resume Review Service offers free, personalized feedback on your resume from one of our professional career coaches. We offer this service completely free of charge to cancer patients and survivors.
- Counseling Look Good Feel Better is a non-medical, brand-neutral public service program that teaches beauty techniques to people with cancer to help them manage the appearance related side effects.
- Fairview Youth Grief & Support Fairview Youth Grief Services offers a free, comprehensive and research-based grief support program for families with children ages 4 through 18. Support groups for children and teens are organized by age.
- Cleaning Services Cleaning For A Reason is a nonprofit organization that serves all the United States and Canada. Our mission is to give the gift of free house cleaning to women undergoing treatment for any type of cancer.
- Jack’s Caregiver Coalition Jack’s Caregiver Coalition exists because we recognize the gap in support for caregivers. Also, as men, we understand the difficulties that ego and pride can create for us.
- Tax Filing Help At Prepare + Prosper, we tap into our community’s strength and generosity to assist our low- and moderate-income individuals and families to move from “getting by” to “getting ahead.”
- JAJF For parents who have late stage, incurable cancer. JAJF provides family WOW! Experiences™ which can include resorts, award shows, concerts, professional and college sports and theme parks.
- Chemo Angels The Chemo Angels program offers support to those who find themselves in the most challenging situation of their lives – battling a cancer diagnosis and undergoing IV chemo treatment. Our goal is to help fuel a positive attitude.
- Young Adults The Brenda Mehling Cancer Fund (BMCF) supports patients ages 18-40 as they undergo cancer treatment. It provides services to meet daily needs that are not covered by insurance.
- Pleural Mesothelioma Mesothelioma is a deadly form of cancer caused from asbestos exposure. Our site is the most extensive prognosis support and information source for mesothelioma online.
- Transportation Support Services Support services may include help with air and ground transportation for medical care,emotional support,help with the process of returning to work or financial assistance for child care and other needs.
- Travel and Housing Assistance The following resources provide low or no-cost medical travel and housing assistance to patients and families or offer financial assistance related to travel.
- How to Help Someone With Cancer Free Kindle Unlimited book download on Amazon. This freebie is a free Kindle Unlimited download for my book “How To Help Someone With Cancer”. It can be found on Amazon.
- Cancer Support Community The Cancer Support Community welcomes individuals and groups interested in bringing support to people impacted by cancer in their communities.
- American Cancer Society At the American Cancer Society, we’re on a mission to free the world from cancer. Until we do, we’ll be funding and conducting research, sharing expert information, supporting patients, and spreading the word about prevention.
- Cancer and Careers Cancer and Careers empowers and educates people with cancer to thrive in their workplace, by providing expert advice, interactive tools and educational events. Cancer and Careers helps more than 325,000 individuals each year.
- Gilda’s Club GCNYC opened its iconic Red Door in 1995 to provide a place where cancer patients and their families could find support, resources, and a community that cares. Our free cancer program includes support groups, educational lectures.
- Colon Cancer Alliance A $300 grant for colon cancer patients in treatment to help with rent, utilities, food, or other essentials. For colon cancer patients making less than $75,000 a year. Blue Note Fund of the Colon Cancer Alliance.
Cancer Freebies come in many shapes, sizes and types. In case this image didn’t already give away the nature of these offerings, yes you guessed it we have a great national group that will provide home cleaning services for free for cancer patients. An amazing group of businesses ready willing and able to give to a community that is so deserving of a little help once in a while. Besides free cleaning services we have vendors providing Gift cards, help with filing taxes and accounting issues, legal assistance for lung cancer patients dealing with mesothelioma, help for young adults with cancer, no cost medical travel and housing, emergency help and workshops and education opportunities.
There is so much here for a cancer patient, take your time and explore the various offerings. We are hopeful that you may find 1 or 2 or even a few of them that are perfect for you and you have been wishing that help would arrive on some level. Check these companies out and let us know about your experience. We always want to promote the best and remove the ones that don’t measure up.
Let’s face it with the incredible financial burden that any cancer diagnosis can be its great to see so many companies that truly want to help by giving their products and services away. These are true champions and we appreciate all that they are doing for our Cancer Horizons community.