CAMPS & RETREATS
- Childhood Cancer Treatment Journal Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation is happy to provide a free treatment journal to families of childhood cancer. This journal, which comes in both English and Spanish translations, will help caregivers stay organized.
- Cancer Care A cancer diagnosis turns a person’s world upside down — emotionally, physically and financially. CancerCare can help. We Provides services for Counseling, Support groups, Community programs, Publications etc.
- Imerman Angels Imerman Angels provides FREE personalized one-on-one cancer support for cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers. Our service is absolutely free and helps anyone touched by any type of cancer, at any cancer stage level, at any age, living anywhere in the world.
- Free Yoga Classes Free community yoga class is open to anyone impacted by cancer, including cancer survivors, cancer patients, caregivers and family members. One hour class will include gentle vinyasa flow yoga, restorative postures, mindful breathing and relaxation.
- Livestrong at the YMCA We partner with 616 YMCAs to help meet the physical needs of cancer survivors through free conditioning and strength training. Participants are given access to certified trainers for a 12-week small group program free of charge.
- Cancer Support Community The Cancer Support Community has over 170 locations worldwide, including 47 licensed affiliates and healthcare partnerships. Our programs are free of charge to anyone affected by cancer, including patients, caregivers, loved ones and children.
- Emergency Financial Assistance The Emergency Financial Assistance program provides assistance to adults in active treatment for their cancer for their basic, non-medical living expenses such as food, gas, utilities and rent or mortgage payments.
- Colon Cancer Alliance The Colon Cancer Alliance’s mission is to knock colon cancer out of the top three cancer killers. We are doing this by championing prevention, funding cutting-edge research and providing the highest quality patient support services.
- Kids Need More With the help of wonderful people, like YOU, we are able to provide programs where children, families & young adults coping with cancer and life-threatening illness can celebrate life in a safe and positive environment.
- Camp Kesem Camp Kesem is wonderful! Camp Kesem provides a free week of summer camp for kids of parents with cancer. There are various camps around the country run by volunteers including 3,000 passionate college student leaders.
- Casting for Recovery The mission of Casting for Recovery® (CfR) is to enhance the quality of life of women with breast cancer through a unique retreat program that combines breast cancer education and peer support with the therapeutic sport of fly fishing.
- First Descents First Descents offers young adult cancer fighters and survivors a free outdoor adventure experience designed to empower them to climb, paddle and surf beyond their diagnosis and connect with others doing the same.
- Camp Good Days This organization sponsors free weekend camping programs for cancer patients at various spots. Some cater to women, with workshops on healing through art or adventure. All of the programs and services are offered free of charge.
- Camp Mak-A-Dream Camp Mak-A-Dream was founded in 1991 by Harry and Sylvia Granader, who donated 87 acres of their Montana ranch and seed money to begin construction of a new Camp facility. Harry was involved in building a Ronald McDonald House.
- Angie’s Spa Angie’s Spa is a 501(c)(3) charitable, cancer foundation that funds hospital programs across the country with the express purpose of providing free therapeutic spa services. The services are designed to alleviate painful side effects.
- Crickett’s Answer For Cancer Crickett’s Answer for Cancer was a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization* that was formed in memory of Crickett Julius, who passed away in October of 2006, only four months after being diagnosed.
- Yoga Bear Researchers at MD Anderson Cancer Center found that breast cancer patients who performed gentle yoga moves three times a week during radiation therapy were less tired than those who simply stretched or did nothing.
- Little Pink Houses of Hope We provide FREE week long vacations for breast cancer patients and their families. We believe a cancer diagnosis does not just affect the patient, but the entire family. Every beach retreat is designed to help families relax.
- Arizona Camp Sunrise and Sidekicks Arizona Camp Sunrise and Sidekicks offer special programs for children who have or have had cancer, and their brothers and sisters. Our volunteers are dedicated to providing kids the opportunity to celebrate life.
- Camp Quality USA Camp Quality is truly amazing and it changes the lives of everyone involved FOREVER!! Because of our healthcare team and staffing ratio of one companion for each child, we are able to take any young child.
- Ped-Onc Resource Center Time spent at camp is a wonderful experience for our cancer kids and their siblings too. How wonderful for them to leave all those hospital visits behind and be outdoors doing fun things.
- Cancer.net Summer camps, week-long retreats, or weekend gatherings can be a wonderful way for children, adults, and families to come together to experience new adventures, find support.
- Children with Cancer Since childhood cancer has evolved from an inevitably fatal illness to a life-threatening chronic disease, children with cancer receive many positive benefits by participating in a camp experience. Children with cancer
- Cancer Camp Directory Cancer camps for kids provide fun and camaraderie for children facing down a cancer diagnosis. By Dana Rowett As summer approaches, kids around the country find themselves fantasizing about the camaraderie.
- Chai Lifeline Each summer, 400 seriously ill children are treated to unforgettable, medically supervised overnight camp experiences at Camp Simcha, for children battling cancer and other hematological illnesses, and Camp Simcha Special, for children.
- Athletes for Cancer Athletes for Cancer harnesses the healing power of the elements with the determination of the human spirit to benefit lives affected by cancer. Our organization focuses on renewing, rebuilding, and restarting lives after cancer through outdoor adventure.
- Epic Experience We offer free week-long outdoor experiences to individuals who have been diagnosed with cancer. Experiences are based upon outdoor adventure activities such as white water adventures and during the winter months snowshoeing and cross country skiing.
FREE Camps and Retreats
Free camps and retreats for cancer patients and their families. If you have cancer then you already know that the fight to stay alive takes its toll on not only you but everyone around you. Cancer Horizons research teams have engaged extensive searching techniques to find camps and retreats that are exclusively for cancer patients. Whether you are a child needing an out of doors experience in a controlled setting or an adult desperately needing an escape to be with people that know exactly how you feel, because they are cancer patients as well.
Browse our extensive list of camps and retreats that a cancer patient can take advantage of. From a special night at a New York Yankees baseball game with Kids Need More or go exploring on a nature camp designed for kids with cancer. Or even a pampering session at a local spa that know what it means to feel good about yourself and appearance. We applaud these amazing providers and thank them in advance for caring for our very special community of cancer fighters and caregivers. This large and growing community is all about unconditional support for each other and a willingness to share the most intimate details of their illness if will help someone else.
Please let us know of your experience with any of these and we would love to create a documentary of your experience and the story behind it.