MORTAGE, RENT & UTILITY HELP
- Angel FoundationA cancer diagnosis can pose a tremendous financial burden on an individual and their family. The Emergency Financial Assistance program provides assistance to adults in active treatment for their cancer.
- Mortgage, Rent and Utility AssistanceThe mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
- Help with cancer billsMillions of people are diagnosed with cancer every year. A diagnosis of cancer can lead to outrageous medical and hospital bills, even for families with health insurance.
- Home Energy Assistance ProgramIf you have difficulties paying for your utilities, LIHEAP may be able to assist you with bill payments, an energy crisis, and weatherization and energy-related home repairs. To apply, call the National Energy Assistance Referral (NEAR) project.
- Meals on Wheels Association of AmericaDelivers free meals to elderly and disabled persons around the country. The Meals on Wheels website contains a national database to find a location near you.
- Colon Cancer AllianceThrough the Blue Note Fund, patients can apply for a one-time $300 grant to help with rent, utilities, or food costs. Grants are disbursed quarterly.
- Meredith’s Colon Cancer FoundationTo provide financial support to young adults (under the age of 40) undergoing treatment for colon cancer. We specifically wish to provide relief from living expenses during treatment rather than expenses associated with treatment.
- Rally foundationSupport for one patient has an annual (12 month calendar year) cap of $500 and a lifetime cap of $750., Funds will be used to cover patient’s cancer related medical bills or other family costs related to treatment.
- Need help paying bills?The non-profit organization will provide patients with information on, as well as access to various resources and services. They will provide them with help for financial issues, such as their everyday bills and living expenses.
- Help Now FundThe Help Now Fund is a program designed for breast cancer patients, who are in need of emergency financial assistance for rent, mortgage, and/or utility bills (electric, water, and gas)
- Teamtessa.orgwww.teamtessa.org is a local non-profit assisting cancer patients with financial needs in Washington, Penobscot and Hancock Counties in Maine.
* Cancer Horizons has created this list extensive of vendors and resources from what are believed to be reliable sources, including referrals from the CH community, Internet and direct submission requests. Cancer Horizons neither endorses nor takes responsibility for any interaction between our site user and the service provider. Any experience with any of these providers good or bad is the exclusive responsibility of the user.