- Money | Help for Cancer CaregiversHelp for Cancer Caregivers is a unique collaboration of organizations with a shared goal of improving the health and well-being of the people who care for people with cancer. Please be sure to tell any caregivers you know about this site.
- Caregivers can get paidIn some places, and in some cases, you can. Here are ways your commitment to Mom and Dad can result in more money in your pocket — either from direct cash payments or federal income tax breaks.
- Receive payment as a CaregiverThe concept of consumer direction in care, which allows family members to be paid, now extends well beyond Medicaid. There are non-Medicaid programs, veterans’ programs and programs for life insurance and long term care insurance policyholders.
- Homecare Financial AssistanceNationwide in 2016, the average cost for non-medical home care is $20 per hour with the state averages ranging from $15 – $26 per hour. It should be noted that these are average costs from home care agencies.
- Help for caregiversCancer can be a huge financial burden on families. Many treatment-related costs are not covered by insurance. You may also have additional, non-medical expenses like transportation, in-home care, childcare, etc.
- Co-Pay and financial assistanceLLS’s Co-Pay Assistance Program offers financial support toward the cost of insurance co-payments and/or insurance premium costs for prescription drugs. Patients must qualify both medically and financially for this program.
- The Smart Student Guide to Financial AidThis page contains information about scholarships for cancer patients, cancer survivors, children of a cancer patient or survivor, students who lost a parent to cancer, and students pursuing careers in cancer treatment.
- The Michael H. Flanagan FoundationOur Mission is to comfort Leukemia and Bone Marrow Transplant patients and their families and to enhance the patients’ quality of life. The Michael H. Flanagan Foundation was established by the Flanagan family in 2002.
- Cancer For CollegeWe provide hope and inspiration to cancer survivors by granting college scholarships. Since inception, we have granted over $2.3 million.
- Marchello Scholarship FoundationBuilding a future for college bound childhood cancer survivors by reducing the financial burden for them and their families. These young people have survived something that will have a lasting effect on them.
- Caregiver AssistanceAt the CancerHawk Foundation, our mission is to make the services, products and expertise needed to fight cancer sharply visible to patients and caregivers.
* Cancer Horizons has created this list extensive of vendors and resources from what are believed to be reliable sources, including referrals from the CH community, Internet and direct submission requests. Cancer Horizons neither endorses nor takes responsibility for any interaction between our site user and the service provider. Any experience with any of these providers good or bad is the exclusive responsibility of the user.