At Cancer Horizons we strive on empowering cancer patients. Helping someone fulfill their dream of a college education by providing financial assistance is why we are pleased to announce our 3rd Cancer Horizons College Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship is intended to support one hard working, high achieving college student who lives with cancer.
Cancer Horizons is the premier resource for cancer patients to obtain free products and services, financial help, support, and even a directory of cancer resources in each city in the country. Regardless of where you live or what type of cancer you have, our community is for anyone whose life has been touched by cancer. Expanding to reward a cancer patient who is working towards a college degree and new opportunity, is a natural step to continue to support the fight against cancer.
Cancer Horizons staff, sponsors, writers, and contributors have all been impacted by cancer on some level, and are passionate about giving back. Cancer changes everything in the lives of those diagnosed, as well as their entire network of friends and family. We believe these changes can also empower someone to greatness in ways that they have never considered, including a college education.
Perhaps this scholarship can help provide a new beginning or brighten someone’s future outlook.
We encourage all eligible students to apply, and look forward to reading the essays and bestowing this scholarship.
- You have been diagnosed with cancer (any type)
- You have been accepted to, or are currently enrolled in, an accredited college or university in the U.S. Undergraduate and graduate students are both welcome.
- You carry at least a 3.0 GPA.
- You must submit an official copy of your transcript, along with your application and essay using our online form.
Deadline for New Applications to be considered: January 15, 2021
- How has your cancer diagnosis impacted your life and future plans and what adjustments have you made to stay on course to achieve your goals?
- What can we be doing as a society to better support the large community that currently struggle with cancer every day?
- What piece of encouragement or advice would you give to anyone with cancer that feels that their cancer has now defined them and forever altered their dreams and plans?
How to apply
To apply for the Cancer Horizons College Scholarship, please complete the application form located on this page.
Terms and Conditions
For the Cancer Horizons terms and conditions of the cancer college scholarship, please visit this link.