HAPPY NEW YEAR!
One common practice at the ending of any year and the beginning of a new one is the process of establishing a list of the things that could use some improvement called resolutions, for a cancer patient the process of establishing “New Year’s Resolution’s” is a bit challenging due to an illness that often times refuses to be controlled and can alter or change a patients plans dramatically putting mom’s and dad’s, parents and children in never ending reactionary mode.
2019 is bound to bring many new challenges as well as opportunities for each of us, for some the passing of 2018 to 2019 will be just another year battling the same cancer beast that has plagued all or part of 2018. In a very unfortunate way it is easy to have a cancer diagnosis begin to dictate decision making and in some tragic instances define the man, woman or child as a victim.
Whether it’s a resolution or just hope the process of writing down your list of “hoped for changes” begins to elevate a patient’s thought process from focusing on the desperation of the moment to a place of empowerment and hope. The most widely used resolution for most American’s is “I want to lose weight, 5, 10, 20 or 100 pounds” a cancer patient however can’t control their weight in the traditional sense but perhaps something along these lines would work “I will find a menu or foods that work better for me during chemotherapy”.
Here are some of the Cancer Horizons Resolutions / Hopes for this amazing community of patients, caregivers and loving families:
2019 CANCER HORIZONS NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS / HOPES
- Double the size of the free services and financial help offerings for cancer patients.
- Launch the “Oncology Corner” for real time advice from cancer doctors and nurses.
- Triple the number of corporate sponsors with a focus on being able to offer gift cards to our community for gas, emergencies, food or any other emergency expense.
- Expand the Local Cancer Resources to include significant discounts on products and services from local vendors that are sensitive to the needs of cancer patients and have the highest approval ratings in town.
- Continue to find new Free Product Giveaways from incredible manufactures like Theraworx Hygiene Spray, and Lexli. To date these generous sponsors have given away over $20,000 worth of their products for free to our community.
- Find a way to get men more involved in their health, over 85% of our community are women many of whom are online finding solutions for their husbands cancer issues. Perhaps a Man Cave Section?
- Expand our “Cancer Realities” video presentation to include all cancer types using Breast Cancer Realities as a guide.
- Double our social followers from 100,000 to 200,000 so we can reach more and more people with immediate needs because of their cancer diagnosis.
- Double our effort to support breakthrough research and the extraordinary teams working diligently to find answers for all types of cancer and a cure for each.
- Work harder to provide community support to the patient that feels abandoned by his or her family or friends. Unfortunately, there are far too many that fall into this category and struggle every day to fight the battle against cancer all by themselves.
WHAT ARE YOUR 2019 HOPES AND DREAMS? WE WOULD LOVE TO KNOW
(Tell us your goals in the comment section below)
We have loved being part of your life these past 2-years and look forward to becoming a valuable resource for each of you on your way ringing the bell and claiming the designation of “Survivor”
Our prayers and hope for love, peace, improved health and miracles both large and small for each member of our caring community.